The Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne – Verkehrshaus der Schweiz – welcomes 750,000 visitors a year, providing a comprehensive and diverse offering. In addition to the transport museum itself, the Swiss museum also houses a ‘Media World’, a film theatre, a planetarium, a shop offering a ‘Swiss Chocolate Adventure’ and a conference centre.
Based on its digital strategy, the museum’s primary objective was to increase ticket sales online and via mobile devices, while presenting its rich product offering on the ticket shop. In addition, the museum wanted to develop new offers to attract even more visitors. After comparing various ticketing providers, the venue opted for SecuTix 360° based on several key features:
- Variety: The system offers a wide range of possibilities which can be optimally adapted to the various products on offer at the venue.
- White label solution: The SecuTix brand does not appear in the ticket shop itself, which instead has full corporate branding.
- Flexible supply: New products and offers are easy to set up, such as short-term promotions based on the booking context.
- Fast implementation: SecuTix 360° is a software-as-a-service solution available over the web. Therefore, no comprehensive IT installations are necessary and software modules are easy to configure around requirements.
- Partners extensions: SecuTix has a great track record and tried and tested partnerships like RailAway, which opened up potential collaborations for the Verkehrshaus.